Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NINE, 2009 Grade B

Director: Rob Marshall
Awards?  Nominated for lots of Golden Globes and P Cruse nominated for a best supporting actress

Cast: Daniel Day-Lewis; Marion Cotillard; Penelope Cruz; Judi Dench; Kate Hudson; Nicole Kidman; Sophia Loren; Fergie; Elio Germano; Giuseppe Spitalri; Martina Stella

 sez says-- Broadway to film-- songs and dances--and great acting led by Daniel Day-Lewis (I am more impressed by him all the time) and company --(a great star line up!) -- but there is not much of a story-- It is nothing but  "oh woe is me -- I don''t know what matters in life cause I am too caught us in my sexual fantasies"  But that shallow topic does allow for a lot of sexy costumes and dancing.  There are some entertaining numbers--but it also drags at times. It was better than I expected it to be: I will certainly give it that. (Grade B)  

No comments:

Post a Comment