Saturday, January 2, 2010

Invictus. 2009

Director: Clint Eastwood
Awards -- multiple nominations
Starring: Morgan Freeman; Matt Damon
IMDB Link: Invictus

sez says: Can you have two favorite movies in the same year?  If so this is also my favorite.  I seldom LOVE a movie. Kvetch that I am I generally find something that is less than perfect in every movie...but here is an exception. Eastwood has woven together all the stuff we love about movies, and told a healing story at the same time.  What is forgiveness?  What might grace look like face to face?  Yes, redemption is possible. No punches pulled, not deux ex machina to make it all work. This is a story that holds together without sloppy sentiment. Eastwood's well honed skill at telling a story via film has peaked yet again--right when you think he can't get any better--he pulls another rabbit out of the hat.  Morgan Freeman also gets some big credit for all of this--as a producer and an actor.

mjc says:  I spend most Sundays trying to figure out how to translate the Jesus message into modern terms.  My suggestion right now--go see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment