Friday, January 1, 2010

Public Enemies, 2009

Director: Michael Mann
Starring: Johnny Depp;  Christian Bale; Billy Crudup;  Marion Cotillard
IMDB Link:  Public Enemies

sez says: I like Johnny Depp--he is such an interesting actor, he takes on all sorts of characters and brings something unique to each one. And, I like Michael Mann --he is always challenging his audience with new ways of seeing and understanding.  So it adds up that I'd liked this movie. And I did. For the reasons stated above and because the "bad guys" were not good-misunderstood heroes or evil bad boys; neither were the police all good or all bad --there was a kind of balance throughout -- people acting like people doing good sometimes and being bad sometimes.   And while that was happening I got to watch Mr. Depp--who is not only a great actor but also a good looking man.

mjc says:  I like to watch Michael Mann construct a movie and execute the tension and the humanity all in the same take.  Thanks Mr. Mann!

No comments:

Post a Comment